The specific objectives of EDUPARTNER are:
- O1: Review educational PPP experiences in Latin-America and elsewhere, and systematize the theoretical and methodological debate about the emergence, implementation and impact of educational PPPs.
- O2: Analyze the influence of international actors in the definition of the agenda regarding educational PPPs, and the policy mechanisms through which this agenda has been re-contextualized into particular contexts.
- O3: Explore the design and main characteristics of PPP programs in several countries, and through which specific mechanisms PPPs attempt to promote school choice, diversification and competition.
- O4: Analyze the strategic responses of families, schools and other education stakeholders in the context of PPP frameworks and, by doing so, test the validity of the ontological assumptions behind the PPP programme.
- O5: Analyze the impact of PPPs in a range of educational dimensions such as equity and learning, as well as to identify possible tensions and trade-offs between different impact dimensions.
To achieve these objectives, EDUPARTNER has been structured into five different sub-projects (SP):
- SP1: Systematic literature review of education privatization processes (Objectives 1 and 2)
- SP2: Mapping education privatization in Latin America (Objectives 1 and 2)
- SP3: School demand-offer interactions in a local education market (Objectives 3, 4 and 5)
- SP4: Charter schools in Bogotá: main implications for quality and equity in education (Objectives 3, 4 and 5)
- SP5: School responses in the education marketplace (Objectives 3 and 4)